Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 02.03.24, 21:47
Eyk van Bommel Eyk van Bommel ist offline
Singularität

Beitr?ge: 3.805
Standard AW: Gravitation ist nur die makroskopische Auswirkung der schwachen Wechselwirkung

Vielleicht sinnvoller. Eine Antwort von Hossenfelder die schon zeigt, dass sie sich vorher etwas damit beschäftigt hat:

Zitat:
As ...pointed out in a comment above, you're mistaken in thinking that the pions (the particles) increase the mass of the nucleons. Note how carefully I vaguely said they "generate" it. The pion plays the same role as the Higgs particle (they are both bosons). The particle is an excitation over a background, but it's the (coupling to the) background (the condensate) that is responsible for the mass (now nonvanishing). Yes, the pions (the particles) mediate the remaining interaction.

It's really the same thing, take any explanation of the Higgs (you know, rumors propagating through a crowd, waves on the ocean, what have you), just replace "Higgs boson" with "pion" and "Higgs field" with "quark condensate".

What I was trying to say is that I do not know how this condensate is related to the energy contained in gluons. To begin with it seems strange that it would be gluons and not sea quarks. Either way, I don't see anything that would technically capture this popular image. The lattice people add up patiently everything from first principles, they don't use the effective model, that would be rather pointless. Best,